Hello FFS Readers! I want to let you know about a new Facebook community put together for parents interested in discussing family discipleship.
The Family Discipleship Community has admins from six Christ-centered blogs committed to family discipleship (in no particular order):
- Thinking Kids – Danika blogs about theology, the Bible and Christian history for kids, and she wrote Bible Road Trip for kids, preschool to high school.
- Proverbial Homemaker – Tauna has a new curriculum (Sound Words) for preschool to 2nd grade coming in February, and she blogs about all things homeschool, homemaking, health and theology at home.
- Kids in the Word – Amanda’s site focuses on discipling children in Scripture. She has a great team of writers committed to encouraging and edifying parents. She has some great notebooking journals available.
- Adventures in Mommydom – Ticia is the queen of hands-on learning. She has a great free Bible curriculum you’ll want to check out, and amazing ideas. Also, she loves history.
- Future Flying Saucers – This is me!! And as you know I offer Bible object lessons for home or church use, and ideas on marriage, parenting, and teaching kids. I’m also really fond of regency literature and homeschool unit studies.
- Raising Boys Homeschool – Joyice writes about homeschooling, discipleship, Christian resources, African American history, and parenting.
There is also a great team of friends joining us at the Family Discipleship Community. We have Christian authors and bloggers coming together to discuss how we can best point our kids to Christ. I am so excited about the growth of this group!!
Each week, we’ll have a tip, a discussion topic, and more! Beginning next quarter, we’ll have a book club as well. Once you request to join the group, don’t forget to agree to the group rules and guidelines and the statement of faith.
I hope to see you over there as we learn how to better disciple our children.