All FutureFlyingSaucers object lessons, devotionals, and children’s ministry articles are written from a Protestant perspective. I happen to agree more with the Southern Baptist Faith and Message than I do with other denominations, however, that does not mean I am prejudiced against those who differ in opinion. It is important as a Christian to know and understand the basics of our belief system.
My statement of faith:
1. I believe the Bible to be inspired; it is the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:15-16; 2 Peter 1:21).
2. I believe there is only one God, infinite, perfect, and eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 3:16-17; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
3. I believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
4. I believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ; and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5: -9; Ephesians 2:9-10; Titus 3:5).
5. I believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved to the resurrection of life, and those who are lost to the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
6. I believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
7. I believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose in-dwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30).